Exam Techniques & Strategies
During the course of our “Exam Techniques & Strategies” lectures, students will learn vital skills that will help optimise performance in school-based assessments, as well as strategies that will maximise learning and cut down on study time.
Many of the skills and techniques that will be addressed have been proven to cut down on study time and markedly improve HSC marks, but are not known (or practised) by the majority of students. Detailed notes will be provided to students on the day.
Mastering the Exams
Examinations are a great source of stress for most students, but it doesn’t need to be this way! With the right advice and a solid study plan, students can greatly reduce stress, cut down on how much time they spend studying and significantly improve examination marks.
During the course of this lecture, students will receive advice and instruction in the following important topics:
- Key ingredients required for examination success.
- The fastest way to prepare for the exams.
- Planning and executing effective exam study timetables.
- Preparing comprehensive exam study notes in the fastest possible time.
- The smartest way to work through past exam papers.
- Important examination techniques (including examination chess).
- Combating “panic attacks” and “mind blanks”.
- The art of smart.
- Errors made by past students and how to avoid these.
- The most effective (and time-saving) learning techniques.
- Keeping learned materials in memory for longer periods.
- Strategies designed to enhance concentration and memory.
- Managing motivation and procrastination.
HSC Essay Writing Skills Lecture
Our “Advanced Essay Writing Skills” lecture will provide systematic, foolproof strategies that will enable students to construct sophisticated and detailed responses that will persuade markers of students’ points of view! Common examination errors will also be addressed. An essential lecture for those students striving for the higher Band scores.
Valued at Over $300 – Free!
We do, however, require that students participating in these lectures make a *minimum $10 donation to The Fred Hollows Foundation charity representatives that will be in attendance on each day.
To date, TSFX fundraising programs have raised over $300,000, all of which has been donated to charity.
Registrations for this program will commence in January 2017.